How many syllables in Spice
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - Species; kind.
- n. - A vegetable production of many kinds, fragrant or aromatic
and pungent to the taste, as pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, mace, allspice,
ginger, cloves, etc., which are used in cookery and to flavor sauces,
- n. - Figuratively, that which enriches or alters the quality of a
thing in a small degree, as spice alters the taste of food; that which
gives zest or pungency; a slight flavoring; a relish; hence, a small
quantity or admixture; a sprinkling; as, a spice of mischief.
- v. t. - To season with spice, or as with spice; to mix aromatic
or pungent substances with; to flavor; to season; as, to spice wine; to
spice one's words with wit.
- v. t. - To fill or impregnate with the odor of spices.
- v. t. - To render nice or dainty; hence, to render scrupulous.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?