How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - In Egyptian art, an image of granite or porphyry, having a
human head, or the head of a ram or of a hawk, upon the wingless body
of a lion.
- n. - On Greek art and mythology, a she-monster, usually
represented as having the winged body of a lion, and the face and
breast of a young woman.
- n. - Hence: A person of enigmatical character and purposes,
especially in politics and diplomacy.
- n. - Any one of numerous species of large moths of the family
Sphingidae; -- called also hawk moth.
- n. - The Guinea, or sphinx, baboon (Cynocephalus sphinx).
1 Syllable Words Starting with?