How many syllables in Scale
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The dish of a balance; hence, the balance itself; an
instrument or machine for weighing; as, to turn the scale; -- chiefly
used in the plural when applied to the whole instrument or apparatus
for weighing. Also used figuratively.
- n. - The sign or constellation Libra.
- v. t. - To weigh or measure according to a scale; to measure;
also, to grade or vary according to a scale or system.
- n. - One of the small, thin, membranous, bony or horny pieces
which form the covering of many fishes and reptiles, and some mammals,
belonging to the dermal part of the skeleton, or dermoskeleton. See
Cycloid, Ctenoid, and Ganoid.
- n. - Hence, any layer or leaf of metal or other material,
resembling in size and thinness the scale of a fish; as, a scale of
iron, of bone, etc.
- n. - One of the small scalelike structures covering parts of some
invertebrates, as those on the wings of Lepidoptera and on the body of
Thysanura; the elytra of certain annelids. See Lepidoptera.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?