How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The beak or head of a ship.
- n. - The Beaks; the stage or platform in the forum where
orations, pleadings, funeral harangues, etc., were delivered; -- so
called because after the Latin war, it was adorned with the beaks of
captured vessels; later, applied also to other platforms erected in
Rome for the use of public orators.
- n. - Hence, a stage for public speaking; the pulpit or platform
occupied by an orator or public speaker.
- n. - Any beaklike prolongation, esp. of the head of an animal,
as the beak of birds.
- n. - The beak, or sucking mouth parts, of Hemiptera.
- n. - The snout of a gastropod mollusk. See Illust. of
2 Syllable Words Starting with?