How many syllables in Roof
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The cover of any building, including the roofing (see
Roofing) and all the materials and construction necessary to carry and
maintain the same upon the walls or other uprights. In the case of a
building with vaulted ceilings protected by an outer roof, some writers
call the vault the roof, and the outer protection the roof mask. It is
better, however, to consider the vault as the ceiling only, in cases
where it has farther covering.
- n. - That which resembles, or corresponds to, the covering or the
ceiling of a house; as, the roof of a cavern; the roof of the mouth.
- n. - The surface or bed of rock immediately overlying a bed of
coal or a flat vein.
- v. t. - To cover with a roof.
- v. t. - To inclose in a house; figuratively, to shelter.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?