How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A species of fictitious writing, originally composed in
meter in the Romance dialects, and afterward in prose, such as the
tales of the court of Arthur, and of Amadis of Gaul; hence, any
fictitious and wonderful tale; a sort of novel, especially one which
treats of surprising adventures usually befalling a hero or a heroine;
a tale of extravagant adventures, of love, and the like.
- n. - An adventure, or series of extraordinary events,
resembling those narrated in romances; as, his courtship, or his life,
was a romance.
- n. - A dreamy, imaginative habit of mind; a disposition to
ignore what is real; as, a girl full of romance.
- n. - The languages, or rather the several dialects, which were
originally forms of popular or vulgar Latin, and have now developed
into Italian. Spanish, French, etc. (called the Romanic languages).
- n. - A short lyric tale set to music; a song or short
instrumental piece in ballad style; a romanza.
- a. - Of or pertaining to the language or dialects known as
2 Syllable Words Starting with?