How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The act of relieving, or the state of being relieved; the
removal, or partial removal, of any evil, or of anything oppressive or
burdensome, by which some ease is obtained; succor; alleviation;
comfort; ease; redress.
- n. - Release from a post, or from the performance of duty, by
the intervention of others, by discharge, or by relay; as, a relief of
- n. - That which removes or lessens evil, pain, discomfort,
uneasiness, etc.; that which gives succor, aid, or comfort; also, the
person who relieves from performance of duty by taking the place of
another; a relay.
- n. - A fine or composition which the heir of a deceased tenant
paid to the lord for the privilege of taking up the estate, which, on
strict feudal principles, had lapsed or fallen to the lord on the death
of the tenant.
- n. - The projection of a figure above the ground or plane on
which it is formed.
- n. - The appearance of projection given by shading, shadow,
etc., to any figure.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?