How many syllables in Relay
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To lay again; to lay a second time; as, to relay a
- n. - A supply of anything arranged beforehand for affording
relief from time to time, or at successive stages; provision for
- n. - A supply of horses placced at stations to be in readiness to
relieve others, so that a trveler may proceed without delay.
- n. - A supply of hunting dogs or horses kept in readiness at
certain places to relive the tired dogs or horses, and to continue the
pursuit of the game if it comes that way.
- n. - A number of men who relieve others in carrying on some work.
- n. - In various forms of telegraphic apparatus, a magnet which
receives the circuit current, and is caused by it to bring into into
action the power of a local battery for performing the work of making
the record; also, a similar device by which the current in one circuit
is made to open or close another circuit in which a current is passing.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?