How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To make a quick succession of sharp, inharmonious
noises, as by the collision of hard and not very sonorous bodies shaken
together; to clatter.
- v. i. - To drive or ride briskly, so as to make a clattering;
as, we rattled along for a couple of miles.
- v. i. - To make a clatter with the voice; to talk rapidly and
idly; to clatter; -- with on or away; as, she rattled on for an hour.
- v. t. - To cause to make a rattling or clattering sound; as, to
rattle a chain.
- v. t. - To assail, annoy, or stun with a rattling noise.
- v. t. - Hence, to disconcert; to confuse; as, to rattle one's
judgment; to rattle a player in a game.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?