How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A country or region, more or less remote from the city of
Rome, brought under the Roman government; a conquered country beyond
the limits of Italy.
- n. - A country or region dependent on a distant authority; a
portion of an empire or state, esp. one remote from the capital.
- n. - A region of country; a tract; a district.
- n. - A region under the supervision or direction of any
special person; the district or division of a country, especially an
ecclesiastical division, over which one has jurisdiction; as, the
province of Canterbury, or that in which the archbishop of Canterbury
exercises ecclesiastical authority.
- n. - The proper or appropriate business or duty of a person or
body; office; charge; jurisdiction; sphere.
- n. - Specif.: Any political division of the Dominion of
Canada, having a governor, a local legislature, and representation in
the Dominion parliament. Hence, colloquially, The Provinces, the
Dominion of Canada.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?