How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - That which warrants or authorizes; a commission giving
authority, or justifying the doing of anything; an act, instrument, or
obligation, by which one person authorizes another to do something
which he has not otherwise a right to do; an act or instrument
investing one with a right or authority, and thus securing him from
loss or damage; commission; authority.
- n. - A writing which authorizes a person to receive money or
- n. - A precept issued by a magistrate authorizing an officer to
make an arrest, a seizure, or a search, or do other acts incident to
the administration of justice.
- n. - An official certificate of appointment issued to an
officer of lower rank than a commissioned officer. See Warrant officer,
- n. - That which vouches or insures for anything; guaranty;
- n. - That which attests or proves; a voucher.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?