How many syllables in Press
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An East Indian insectivore (Tupaia ferruginea). It is
arboreal in its habits, and has a bushy tail. The fur is soft, and
varies from rusty red to maroon and to brownish black.
- n. - To force into service, particularly into naval service; to
- n. - A commission to force men into public service, particularly
into the navy.
- v. - To urge, or act upon, with force, as weight; to act upon by
pushing or thrusting, in distinction from pulling; to crowd or compel
by a gradual and continued exertion; to bear upon; to squeeze; to
compress; as, we press the ground with the feet when we walk; we press
the couch on which we repose; we press substances with the hands,
fingers, or arms; we are pressed in a crowd.
- v. - To squeeze, in order to extract the juice or contents of; to
squeeze out, or express, from something.
- v. - To squeeze in or with suitable instruments or apparatus, in
order to compact, make dense, or smooth; as, to press cotton bales,
paper, etc.; to smooth by ironing; as, to press clothes.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?