How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To keep or save from injury or destruction; to guard
or defend from evil, harm, danger, etc.; to protect.
- v. t. - To save from decay by the use of some preservative
substance, as sugar, salt, etc.; to season and prepare for remaining in
a good state, as fruits, meat, etc.; as, to preserve peaches or grapes.
- v. t. - To maintain throughout; to keep intact; as, to
preserve appearances; to preserve silence.
- v. i. - To make preserves.
- v. i. - To protect game for purposes of sport.
- n. - That which is preserved; fruit, etc., seasoned and kept
by suitable preparation; esp., fruit cooked with sugar; -- commonly in
2 Syllable Words Starting with?