How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A sum deducted from a pound, or a certain sum paid for
each pound; a commission.
- n. - A subsidy of twelve pence in the pound, formerly granted
to the crown on all goods exported or imported, and if by aliens, more.
- n. - The sum allowed to a sheriff or other officer upon the
amount realized by an execution; -- estimated in England, and formerly
in the United States, at so much of the pound.
- v. t. - To collect, as poundage; to assess, or rate, by
- n. - Confinement of cattle, or other animals, in a public
- n. - A charge paid for the release of impounded cattle.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?