How many syllables in Pound
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To strike repeatedly with some heavy instrument; to beat.
- v. t. - To comminute and pulverize by beating; to bruise or break
into fine particles with a pestle or other heavy instrument; as, to
pound spice or salt.
- v. i. - To strike heavy blows; to beat.
- v. i. - To make a jarring noise, as in running; as, the engine
- n. - An inclosure, maintained by public authority, in which
cattle or other animals are confined when taken in trespassing, or when
going at large in violation of law; a pinfold.
- n. - A level stretch in a canal between locks.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?