How many syllables in Cross
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A gibbet, consisting of two pieces of timber placed
transversely upon one another, in various forms, as a T, or +, with the
horizontal piece below the upper end of the upright, or as an X. It was
anciently used in the execution of criminals.
- n. - The sign or mark of the cross, made with the finger, or in
ink, etc., or actually represented in some material; the symbol of
Christ's death; the ensign and chosen symbol of Christianity, of a
Christian people, and of Christendom.
- n. - Affiction regarded as a test of patience or virtue; trial;
disappointment; opposition; misfortune.
- n. - A piece of money stamped with the figure of a cross, also,
that side of such a piece on which the cross is stamped; hence, money
- n. - An appendage or ornament or anything in the form of a cross;
a badge or ornamental device of the general shape of a cross; hence,
such an ornament, even when varying considerably from that form; thus,
the Cross of the British Order of St. George and St. Michael consists
of a central medallion with seven arms radiating from it.
- n. - A monument in the form of a cross, or surmounted by a cross,
set up in a public place; as, a market cross; a boundary cross; Charing
Cross in London.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?