How many syllables in Point
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. & i. - To appoint.
- n. - That which pricks or pierces; the sharp end of anything,
esp. the sharp end of a piercing instrument, as a needle or a pin.
- n. - An instrument which pricks or pierces, as a sort of needle
used by engravers, etchers, lace workers, and others; also, a pointed
cutting tool, as a stone cutter's point; -- called also pointer.
- n. - Anything which tapers to a sharp, well-defined termination.
Specifically: A small promontory or cape; a tract of land extending
into the water beyond the common shore line.
- n. - The mark made by the end of a sharp, piercing instrument, as
a needle; a prick.
- n. - An indefinitely small space; a mere spot indicated or
supposed. Specifically: (Geom.) That which has neither parts nor
magnitude; that which has position, but has neither length, breadth,
nor thickness, -- sometimes conceived of as the limit of a line; that
by the motion of which a line is conceived to be produced.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?