How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An external application of a consistency harder than
ointment, prepared for use by spreading it on linen, leather, silk, or
other material. It is adhesive at the ordinary temperature of the body,
and is used, according to its composition, to produce a medicinal
effect, to bind parts together, etc.; as, a porous plaster; sticking
- n. - A composition of lime, water, and sand, with or without
hair as a bond, for coating walls, ceilings, and partitions of houses.
- n. - Calcined gypsum, or plaster of Paris, especially when
ground, as used for making ornaments, figures, moldings, etc.; or
calcined gypsum used as a fertilizer.
- v. t. - To cover with a plaster, as a wound or sore.
- v. t. - To overlay or cover with plaster, as the ceilings and
walls of a house.
- v. t. - Fig.: To smooth over; to cover or conceal the defects
of; to hide, as with a covering of plaster.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?