How many syllables in Pivot
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A fixed pin or short axis, on the end of which a wheel or
other body turns.
- n. - The end of a shaft or arbor which rests and turns in a
support; as, the pivot of an arbor in a watch.
- n. - Hence, figuratively: A turning point or condition; that on
which important results depend; as, the pivot of an enterprise.
- n. - The officer or soldier who simply turns in his place whike
the company or line moves around him in wheeling; -- called also pivot
- v. t. - To place on a pivot.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?