How many syllables in Peg
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A small, pointed piece of wood, used in fastening boards
together, in attaching the soles of boots or shoes, etc.; as, a shoe
- n. - A wooden pin, or nail, on which to hang things, as coats, etc.
Hence, colloquially and figuratively: A support; a reason; a pretext;
as, a peg to hang a claim upon.
- n. - One of the pins of a musical instrument, on which the strings
- n. - One of the pins used for marking points on a cribbage board.
- n. - A step; a degree; esp. in the slang phrase "To take one down
- v. t. - To put pegs into; to fasten the parts of with pegs; as, to
peg shoes; to confine with pegs; to restrict or limit closely.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?