How many syllables in Pay
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To cover, as bottom of a vessel, a seam, a spar, etc., with
tar or pitch, or waterproof composition of tallow, resin, etc.; to
- v. t. - To satisfy, or content; specifically, to satisfy (another
person) for service rendered, property delivered, etc.; to discharge
one's obligation to; to make due return to; to compensate; to
remunerate; to recompense; to requite; as, to pay workmen or servants.
- v. t. - Hence, figuratively: To compensate justly; to requite
according to merit; to reward; to punish; to retort or retaliate upon.
- v. t. - To discharge, as a debt, demand, or obligation, by giving
or doing what is due or required; to deliver the amount or value of to
the person to whom it is owing; to discharge a debt by delivering
- v. t. - To discharge or fulfill, as a duy; to perform or render
duty, as that which has been promised.
- v. t. - To give or offer, without an implied obligation; as, to pay
attention; to pay a visit.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?