How many syllables in Pass
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - To go; to move; to proceed; to be moved or transferred
from one point to another; to make a transit; -- usually with a
following adverb or adverbal phrase defining the kind or manner of
motion; as, to pass on, by, out, in, etc.; to pass swiftly, directly,
smoothly, etc.; to pass to the rear, under the yoke, over the bridge,
across the field, beyond the border, etc.
- v. i. - To move or be transferred from one state or condition to
another; to change possession, condition, or circumstances; to undergo
transition; as, the business has passed into other hands.
- v. i. - To move beyond the range of the senses or of knowledge; to
pass away; hence, to disappear; to vanish; to depart; specifically, to
depart from life; to die.
- v. i. - To move or to come into being or under notice; to come and
go in consciousness; hence, to take place; to occur; to happen; to
come; to occur progressively or in succession; to be present
- v. i. - To go by or glide by, as time; to elapse; to be spent; as,
their vacation passed pleasantly.
- v. i. - To go from one person to another; hence, to be given and
taken freely; as, clipped coin will not pass; to obtain general
acceptance; to be held or regarded; to circulate; to be current; --
followed by for before a word denoting value or estimation.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?