How many syllables in Open
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Free of access; not shut up; not closed; affording
unobstructed ingress or egress; not impeding or preventing passage; not
locked up or covered over; -- applied to passageways; as, an open door,
window, road, etc.; also, to inclosed structures or objects; as, open
houses, boxes, baskets, bottles, etc.; also, to means of communication
or approach by water or land; as, an open harbor or roadstead.
- a. - Free to be used, enjoyed, visited, or the like; not private;
public; unrestricted in use; as, an open library, museum, court, or
other assembly; liable to the approach, trespass, or attack of any one;
- a. - Free or cleared of obstruction to progress or to view;
accessible; as, an open tract; the open sea.
- a. - Not drawn together, closed, or contracted; extended;
expanded; as, an open hand; open arms; an open flower; an open
- a. - Without reserve or false pretense; sincere; characterized by
sincerity; unfeigned; frank; also, generous; liberal; bounteous; --
applied to personal appearance, or character, and to the expression of
thought and feeling, etc.
- a. - Not concealed or secret; not hidden or disguised; exposed to
view or to knowledge; revealed; apparent; as, open schemes or plans;
open shame or guilt.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?