How many syllables in Offer
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To present, as an act of worship; to immolate; to
sacrifice; to present in prayer or devotion; -- often with up.
- v. t. - To bring to or before; to hold out to; to present for
acceptance or rejection; as, to offer a present, or a bribe; to offer
one's self in marriage.
- v. t. - To present in words; to proffer; to make a proposal of;
to suggest; as, to offer an opinion. With the infinitive as an
objective: To make an offer; to declare one's willingness; as, he
offered to help me.
- v. t. - To attempt; to undertake.
- v. t. - To bid, as a price, reward, or wages; as, to offer a
guinea for a ring; to offer a salary or reward.
- v. t. - To put in opposition to; to manifest in an offensive way;
to threaten; as, to offer violence, attack, etc.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?