How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To set before or against; to bring into opposition; to
- v. t. - To offer in opposition as a criminal charge or by way of
accusation or reproach; to adduce as an objection or adverse reason.
- v. i. - To make opposition in words or argument; -- usually
followed by to.
- v. t. - That which is put, or which may be regarded as put, in
the way of some of the senses; something visible or tangible; as, he
observed an object in the distance; all the objects in sight; he
touched a strange object in the dark.
- v. t. - That which is set, or which may be regarded as set,
before the mind so as to be apprehended or known; that of which the
mind by any of its activities takes cognizance, whether a thing
external in space or a conception formed by the mind itself; as, an
object of knowledge, wonder, fear, thought, study, etc.
- v. t. - That by which the mind, or any of its activities, is
directed; that on which the purpose are fixed as the end of action or
effort; that which is sought for; end; aim; motive; final cause.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?