How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - That which moves; a mover.
- n. - That which incites to action; anything prompting or
exciting to choise, or moving the will; cause; reason; inducement;
- n. - The theme or subject; a leading phrase or passage which is
reproduced and varied through the course of a comor a movement; a short
figure, or melodic germ, out of which a whole movement is develpoed.
See also Leading motive, under Leading.
- n. - That which produces conception, invention, or creation in
the mind of the artist in undertaking his subject; the guiding or
controlling idea manifested in a work of art, or any part of one.
- a. - Causing motion; having power to move, or tending to move;
as, a motive argument; motive power.
- v. t. - To prompt or incite by a motive or motives; to move.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?