How many syllables in Miss
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A title of courtesy prefixed to the name of a girl or a woman
who has not been married. See Mistress, 5.
- n. - A young unmarried woman or a girl; as, she is a miss of
- n. - A kept mistress. See Mistress, 4.
- n. - In the game of three-card loo, an extra hand, dealt on the
table, which may be substituted for the hand dealt to a player.
- v. t. - To fail of hitting, reaching, getting, finding, seeing,
hearing, etc.; as, to miss the mark one shoots at; to miss the train by
being late; to miss opportunites of getting knowledge; to miss the
point or meaning of something said.
- v. t. - To omit; to fail to have or to do; to get without; to
dispense with; -- now seldom applied to persons.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?