How many syllables in Mew
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A gull, esp. the common British species (Larus canus); called
also sea mew, maa, mar, mow, and cobb.
- v. t. - To shed or cast; to change; to molt; as, the hawk mewed his
- v. i. - To cast the feathers; to molt; hence, to change; to put on
a new appearance.
- n. - A cage for hawks while mewing; a coop for fattening fowls;
hence, any inclosure; a place of confinement or shelter; -- in the
latter sense usually in the plural.
- n. - A stable or range of stables for horses; -- compound used in
the plural, and so called from the royal stables in London, built on
the site of the king's mews for hawks.
- v. t. - To shut up; to inclose; to confine, as in a cage or other
1 Syllable Words Starting with?