How many syllables in Meet
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To join, or come in contact with; esp., to come in contact
with by approach from an opposite direction; to come upon or against,
front to front, as distinguished from contact by following and
- v. t. - To come in collision with; to confront in conflict; to
encounter hostilely; as, they met the enemy and defeated them; the ship
met opposing winds and currents.
- v. t. - To come into the presence of without contact; to come
close to; to intercept; to come within the perception, influence, or
recognition of; as, to meet a train at a junction; to meet carriages or
persons in the street; to meet friends at a party; sweet sounds met the
- v. t. - To perceive; to come to a knowledge of; to have personal
acquaintance with; to experience; to suffer; as, the eye met a horrid
sight; he met his fate.
- v. t. - To come up to; to be even with; to equal; to match; to
satisfy; to ansver; as, to meet one's expectations; the supply meets
- v. t. - To come together by mutual approach; esp., to come in
contact, or into proximity, by approach from opposite directions; to
join; to come face to face; to come in close relationship; as, we met
in the street; two lines meet so as to form an angle.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?