How many syllables in Lower
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - Compar. of Low, a.
- a. - To let descend by its own weight, as something suspended; to
let down; as, to lower a bucket into a well; to lower a sail or a boat;
sometimes, to pull down; as, to lower a flag.
- a. - To reduce the height of; as, to lower a fence or wall; to
lower a chimney or turret.
- a. - To depress as to direction; as, to lower the aim of a gun;
to make less elevated as to object; as, to lower one's ambition,
aspirations, or hopes.
- a. - To reduce the degree, intensity, strength, etc., of; as, to
lower the temperature of anything; to lower one's vitality; to lower
- a. - To bring down; to humble; as, to lower one's pride.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?