How many syllables in Lord
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A hump-backed person; -- so called sportively.
- n. - One who has power and authority; a master; a ruler; a
governor; a prince; a proprietor, as of a manor.
- n. - A titled nobleman., whether a peer of the realm or not; a
bishop, as a member of the House of Lords; by courtesy; the son of a
duke or marquis, or the eldest son of an earl; in a restricted sense, a
boron, as opposed to noblemen of higher rank.
- n. - A title bestowed on the persons above named; and also, for
honor, on certain official persons; as, lord advocate, lord
chamberlain, lord chancellor, lord chief justice, etc.
- n. - A husband.
- n. - One of whom a fee or estate is held; the male owner of feudal
land; as, the lord of the soil; the lord of the manor.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?