How many syllables in Over
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- prep. - Above, or higher than, in place or position, with the idea
of covering; -- opposed to under; as, clouds are over our heads; the
smoke rises over the city.
- prep. - Across; from side to side of; -- implying a passing or
moving, either above the substance or thing, or on the surface of it;
as, a dog leaps over a stream or a table.
- prep. - Upon the surface of, or the whole surface of; hither and
thither upon; throughout the whole extent of; as, to wander over the
earth; to walk over a field, or over a city.
- prep. - Above; -- implying superiority in excellence, dignity,
condition, or value; as, the advantages which the Christian world has
over the heathen.
- prep. - Above in authority or station; -- implying government,
direction, care, attention, guard, responsibility, etc.; -- opposed to
- prep. - Across or during the time of; from beginning to end of;
as, to keep anything over night; to keep corn over winter.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?