How many syllables in Life
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The state of being which begins with generation, birth, or
germination, and ends with death; also, the time during which this
state continues; that state of an animal or plant in which all or any
of its organs are capable of performing all or any of their functions;
-- used of all animal and vegetable organisms.
- n. - Of human beings: The union of the soul and body; also, the
duration of their union; sometimes, the deathless quality or existence
of the soul; as, man is a creature having an immortal life.
- n. - The potential principle, or force, by which the organs of
animals and plants are started and continued in the performance of
their several and cooperative functions; the vital force, whether
regarded as physical or spiritual.
- n. - Figuratively: The potential or animating principle, also, the
period of duration, of anything that is conceived of as resembling a
natural organism in structure or functions; as, the life of a state, a
machine, or a book; authority is the life of government.
- n. - A certain way or manner of living with respect to conditions,
circumstances, character, conduct, occupation, etc.; hence, human
affairs; also, lives, considered collectively, as a distinct class or
type; as, low life; a good or evil life; the life of Indians, or of
- n. - Animation; spirit; vivacity; vigor; energy.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?