How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- a. - The longest, or longer, dimension of any object, in
distinction from breadth or width; extent of anything from end to end;
the longest line which can be drawn through a body, parallel to its
sides; as, the length of a church, or of a ship; the length of a rope
- a. - A portion of space or of time considered as measured by its
length; -- often in the plural.
- a. - The quality or state of being long, in space or time;
extent; duration; as, some sea birds are remarkable for the length of
their wings; he was tired by the length of the sermon, and the length
of his walk.
- a. - A single piece or subdivision of a series, or of a number
of long pieces which may be connected together; as, a length of pipe; a
length of fence.
- a. - Detail or amplification; unfolding; continuance as, to
pursue a subject to a great length.
- a. - Distance.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?