How many syllables in Lap
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The loose part of a coat; the lower part of a garment that
plays loosely; a skirt; an apron.
- n. - An edge; a border; a hem, as of cloth.
- n. - The part of the clothing that lies on the knees or thighs when
one sits down; that part of the person thus covered; figuratively, a
place of rearing and fostering; as, to be reared in the lap of luxury.
- n. - That part of any substance or fixture which extends over, or
lies upon, or by the side of, a part of another; as, the lap of a
board; also, the measure of such extension over or upon another thing.
- n. - The amount by which a slide valve at its half stroke overlaps
a port in the seat, being equal to the distance the valve must move
from its mid stroke position in order to begin to open the port. Used
alone, lap refers to outside lap. See Outside lap (below).
- n. - The state or condition of being in part extended over or by
the side of something else; or the extent of the overlapping; as, the
second boat got a lap of half its length on the leader.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?