How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - One who, or that which, keeps; one who, or that which,
holds or has possession of anything.
- n. - One who retains in custody; one who has the care of a
prison and the charge of prisoners.
- n. - One who has the care, custody, or superintendence of
anything; as, the keeper of a park, a pound, of sheep, of a gate, etc.
; the keeper of attached property; hence, one who saves from harm; a
defender; a preserver.
- n. - One who remains or keeps in a place or position.
- n. - A ring, strap, clamp, or any device for holding an object
in place; as: (a) The box on a door jamb into which the bolt of a lock
protrudes, when shot. (b) A ring serving to keep another ring on the
finger. (c) A loop near the buckle of a strap to receive the end of the
- n. - A fruit that keeps well; as, the Roxbury Russet is a good
2 Syllable Words Starting with?