How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The act of inverting, or turning over or backward, or
the state of being inverted.
- n. - A change by inverted order; a reversed position or
arrangement of things; transposition.
- n. - A movement in tactics by which the order of companies in
line is inverted, the right being on the left, the left on the right,
and so on.
- n. - A change in the order of the terms of a proportion, so
that the second takes the place of the first, and the fourth of the
- n. - A peculiar method of transformation, in which a figure
is replaced by its inverse figure. Propositions that are true for the
original figure thus furnish new propositions that are true in the
inverse figure. See Inverse figures, under Inverse.
- n. - A change of the usual order of words or phrases; as, "of
all vices, impurity is one of the most detestable," instead of,
"impurity is one of the most detestable of all vices."
3 Syllable Words Starting with?