How many syllables in Into
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- prep. - To the inside of; within. It is used in a variety of
- prep. - Expressing entrance, or a passing from the outside of a
thing to its interior parts; -- following verbs expressing motion; as,
come into the house; go into the church; one stream falls or runs into
another; water enters into the fine vessels of plants.
- prep. - Expressing penetration beyond the outside or surface, or
access to the inside, or contents; as, to look into a letter or book;
to look into an apartment.
- prep. - Indicating insertion; as, to infuse more spirit or
animation into a composition.
- prep. - Denoting inclusion; as, put these ideas into other words.
- prep. - Indicating the passing of a thing from one form,
condition, or state to another; as, compound substances may be resolved
into others which are more simple; ice is convertible into water, and
water into vapor; men are more easily drawn than forced into
compliance; we may reduce many distinct substances into one mass; men
are led by evidence into belief of truth, and are often enticed into
the commission of crimes'into; she burst into tears; children are
sometimes frightened into fits; all persons are liable to be seduced
into error and folly.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?