How many syllables in Horse
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A hoofed quadruped of the genus Equus; especially, the
domestic horse (E. caballus), which was domesticated in Egypt and Asia
at a very early period. It has six broad molars, on each side of each
jaw, with six incisors, and two canine teeth, both above and below. The
mares usually have the canine teeth rudimentary or wanting. The horse
differs from the true asses, in having a long, flowing mane, and the
tail bushy to the base. Unlike the asses it has callosities, or
chestnuts, on all its legs. The horse excels in strength, speed,
docility, courage, and nobleness of character, and is used for drawing,
carrying, bearing a rider, and like purposes.
- n. - The male of the genus horse, in distinction from the female
or male; usually, a castrated male.
- n. - Mounted soldiery; cavalry; -- used without the plural
termination; as, a regiment of horse; -- distinguished from foot.
- n. - A frame with legs, used to support something; as, a
clotheshorse, a sawhorse, etc.
- n. - A frame of timber, shaped like a horse, on which soldiers
were made to ride for punishment.
- n. - Anything, actual or figurative, on which one rides as on a
horse; a hobby.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?