How many syllables in Horn
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - A hard, projecting, and usually pointed organ, growing upon
the heads of certain animals, esp. of the ruminants, as cattle, goats,
and the like. The hollow horns of the Ox family consist externally of
true horn, and are never shed.
- n. - The antler of a deer, which is of bone throughout, and
annually shed and renewed.
- n. - Any natural projection or excrescence from an animal,
resembling or thought to resemble a horn in substance or form; esp.:
(a) A projection from the beak of a bird, as in the hornbill. (b) A
tuft of feathers on the head of a bird, as in the horned owl. (c) A
hornlike projection from the head or thorax of an insect, or the head
of a reptile, or fish. (d) A sharp spine in front of the fins of a
fish, as in the horned pout.
- n. - An incurved, tapering and pointed appendage found in the
flowers of the milkweed (Asclepias).
- n. - Something made of a horn, or in resemblance of a horn
- n. - A wind instrument of music; originally, one made of a horn
(of an ox or a ram); now applied to various elaborately wrought
instruments of brass or other metal, resembling a horn in shape.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?