How many syllables in Hire
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- pron. - See Here, pron.
- n. - The price, reward, or compensation paid, or contracted to be
paid, for the temporary use of a thing or a place, for personal
service, or for labor; wages; rent; pay.
- n. - A bailment by which the use of a thing, or the services and
labor of a person, are contracted for at a certain price or reward.
- n. - To procure (any chattel or estate) from another person, for
temporary use, for a compensation or equivalent; to purchase the use or
enjoyment of for a limited time; as, to hire a farm for a year; to hire
- n. - To engage or purchase the service, labor, or interest of (any
one) for a specific purpose, by payment of wages; as, to hire a
servant, an agent, or an advocate.
- n. - To grant the temporary use of, for compensation; to engage to
give the service of, for a price; to let; to lease; -- now usually with
out, and often reflexively; as, he has hired out his horse, or his
1 Syllable Words Starting with?