How many syllables in Help
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. t. - To furnish with strength or means for the successful
performance of any action or the attainment of any object; to aid; to
assist; as, to help a man in his work; to help one to remember; -- the
following infinitive is commonly used without to; as, "Help me scale
- v. t. - To furnish with the means of deliverance from trouble; as,
to help one in distress; to help one out of prison.
- v. t. - To furnish with relief, as in pain or disease; to be of
avail against; -- sometimes with of before a word designating the pain
or disease, and sometimes having such a word for the direct object.
- v. t. - To change for the better; to remedy.
- v. t. - To prevent; to hinder; as, the evil approaches, and who
can help it?
- v. t. - To forbear; to avoid.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?