How many syllables in Grain
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. & n. - See Groan.
- n. - A single small hard seed; a kernel, especially of those
plants, like wheat, whose seeds are used for food.
- n. - The fruit of certain grasses which furnish the chief food of
man, as corn, wheat, rye, oats, etc., or the plants themselves; -- used
- n. - Any small, hard particle, as of sand, sugar, salt, etc.;
hence, any minute portion or particle; as, a grain of gunpowder, of
pollen, of starch, of sense, of wit, etc.
- n. - The unit of the English system of weights; -- so called
because considered equal to the average of grains taken from the middle
of the ears of wheat. 7,000 grains constitute the pound avoirdupois,
and 5,760 grains the pound troy. A grain is equal to .0648 gram. See
- n. - A reddish dye made from the coccus insect, or kermes; hence,
a red color of any tint or hue, as crimson, scarlet, etc.; sometimes
used by the poets as equivalent to Tyrian purple.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?