How many syllables in Gland
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An organ for secreting something to be used in, or
eliminated from, the body; as, the sebaceous glands of the skin; the
salivary glands of the mouth.
- n. - An organ or part which resembles a secreting, or true,
gland, as the ductless, lymphatic, pineal, and pituitary glands, the
functions of which are very imperfectly known.
- n. - A special organ of plants, usually minute and globular,
which often secretes some kind of resinous, gummy, or aromatic product.
- n. - Any very small prominence.
- n. - The movable part of a stuffing box by which the packing is
compressed; -- sometimes called a follower. See Illust. of Stuffing
box, under Stuffing.
- n. - The crosspiece of a bayonet clutch.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?