How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - An ornamental appendage to the border of a piece of stuff,
originally consisting of the ends of the warp, projecting beyond the
woven fabric; but more commonly made separate and sewed on, consisting
sometimes of projecting ends, twisted or plaited together, and
sometimes of loose threads of wool, silk, or linen, or narrow strips of
leather, or the like.
- n. - Something resembling in any respect a fringe; a line of
objects along a border or edge; a border; an edging; a margin; a
- n. - One of a number of light or dark bands, produced by the
interference of light; a diffraction band; -- called also interference
- n. - The peristome or fringelike appendage of the capsules of
most mosses. See Peristome.
- v. t. - To adorn the edge of with a fringe or as with a fringe.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?