How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - One who entertains for another such sentiments of esteem,
respect, and affection that he seeks his society aud welfare; a
wellwisher; an intimate associate; sometimes, an attendant.
- n. - One not inimical or hostile; one not a foe or enemy; also,
one of the same nation, party, kin, etc., whose friendly feelings may
be assumed. The word is some times used as a term of friendly address.
- n. - One who looks propitiously on a cause, an institution, a
project, and the like; a favorer; a promoter; as, a friend to commerce,
to poetry, to an institution.
- n. - One of a religious sect characterized by disuse of outward
rites and an ordained ministry, by simplicity of dress and speech, and
esp. by opposition to war and a desire to live at peace with all men.
They are popularly called Quakers.
- n. - A paramour of either sex.
- v. t. - To act as the friend of; to favor; to countenance; to
1 Syllable Words Starting with?