How many syllables in For
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- prep. - In the most general sense, indicating that in consideration
of, in view of, or with reference to, which anything is done or takes
- prep. - Indicating the antecedent cause or occasion of an action;
the motive or inducement accompanying and prompting to an act or state;
the reason of anything; that on account of which a thing is or is done.
- prep. - Indicating the remoter and indirect object of an act; the
end or final cause with reference to which anything is, acts, serves,
or is done.
- prep. - Indicating that in favor of which, or in promoting which,
anything is, or is done; hence, in behalf of; in favor of; on the side
of; -- opposed to against.
- prep. - Indicating that toward which the action of anything is
directed, or the point toward which motion is made; /ntending to go to.
- prep. - Indicating that on place of or instead of which anything
acts or serves, or that to which a substitute, an equivalent, a
compensation, or the like, is offered or made; instead of, or place of.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?