How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - In the popular sense, the bloom or blossom of a plant; the
showy portion, usually of a different color, shape, and texture from
- n. - That part of a plant destined to produce seed, and hence
including one or both of the sexual organs; an organ or combination of
the organs of reproduction, whether inclosed by a circle of foliar
parts or not. A complete flower consists of two essential parts, the
stamens and the pistil, and two floral envelopes, the corolla and
callyx. In mosses the flowers consist of a few special leaves
surrounding or subtending organs called archegonia. See Blossom, and
- n. - The fairest, freshest, and choicest part of anything; as,
the flower of an army, or of a family; the state or time of freshness
and bloom; as, the flower of life, that is, youth.
- n. - Grain pulverized; meal; flour.
- n. - A substance in the form of a powder, especially when
condensed from sublimation; as, the flowers of sulphur.
- n. - A figure of speech; an ornament of style.
2 Syllable Words Starting with?