How many syllables in Flood
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- v. i. - A great flow of water; a body of moving water; the
flowing stream, as of a river; especially, a body of water, rising,
swelling, and overflowing land not usually thus covered; a deluge; a
freshet; an inundation.
- v. i. - The flowing in of the tide; the semidiurnal swell or rise
of water in the ocean; -- opposed to ebb; as, young flood; high flood.
- v. i. - A great flow or stream of any fluid substance; as, a
flood of light; a flood of lava; hence, a great quantity widely
diffused; an overflowing; a superabundance; as, a flood of bank notes;
a flood of paper currency.
- v. i. - Menstrual disharge; menses.
- v. t. - To overflow; to inundate; to deluge; as, the swollen
river flooded the valley.
- v. t. - To cause or permit to be inundated; to fill or cover with
water or other fluid; as, to flood arable land for irrigation; to fill
to excess or to its full capacity; as, to flood a country with a
1 Syllable Words Starting with?