How many syllables in Flank
How many syllables?
How it's divided?
- n. - The fleshy or muscular part of the side of an animal,
between the ribs and the hip. See Illust. of Beef.
- n. - The side of an army, or of any division of an army, as of a
brigade, regiment, or battalion; the extreme right or left; as, to
attack an enemy in flank is to attack him on the side.
- n. - That part of a bastion which reaches from the curtain to the
face, and defends the curtain, the flank and face of the opposite
bastion; any part of a work defending another by a fire along the
outside of its parapet.
- n. - The side of any building.
- n. - That part of the acting surface of a gear wheel tooth that
lies within the pitch line.
- v. t. - To stand at the flank or side of; to border upon.
1 Syllable Words Starting with?